7+ Taskbar Tweaker for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

A new update of Windows 10, the Fall Creators Update, is going to be available at October 17. As with every major Windows update, 7+ Taskbar Tweaker isn’t compatible with the new version (see my previous posts for details). I managed to get my hands on the new Windows version, and dedicated some time to work on an update for 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to make it compatible. Fortunately, there weren’t as many surprises as in the previous updates. If you’re running the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, please try the latest beta version of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker, and let me know if you encounter any issues.

Update (October 19): A non-beta 7+ Taskbar Tweaker version with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update support is now available. You can get it here.

Posted in Software, Updates by RaMMicHaeL at October 8th, 2017.

51 Responses to “7+ Taskbar Tweaker for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update”

1. I love you right now. Thank you!

I only use it to get rid of the width limit and the show desktop button, but it seems to be working perfectly.

2. djon says:

Thank you. Very much appreciated.

3. dhs says:

Cool! Thanks a lot

4. TheGardner says:

Ahhh perfect! Just came here to ask for a new version!
    Thanks for your effort! Fall update running on a virtual machine and on my Surface Book since a few minutes!

Cheers 🙂

5. TheGardner says:

Me again with the notice “It’s working proper on 16299”!!! BIG THANKS!

And just a question beside:

Is there anything wrong accessing your (entire) page from the Microsoft Universe?
    Since several months I get errors, when I come to here over Bing search or in Microsoft Edge. It feels like they’re (Microsoft) blocking your domain in their universe.

No problems with Google Chrome and Google search.

-from Germany-

Regards Steffen

6. Zageron says:

Thanks mate, it works perfectly. 🙂

7. Seeing an issue where taskbar icons disappear until you click on them. Not sure if it’s because of 7TT or just Windows being buggy.

Is there a specific app or situation when this happens? I’m familiar with two issues regarding this:
      1. With the Edge browser, see here for details.
      2. With the virtual_desktop_order_fix advanced options, while switching virtual desktops.

If that’s not one of the above, please let me know how to reproduce the issue.

8. helloE says:

7TT works perfect on Windows 10 R1709!

I just want to know,
    Is it hard to add a feature to duplicate system tray on @nd displayt’s taskbar?

9. Alex says:

Just wanted to give a big thanks for the beta. Works as expected on version 1709 / 16299.19 build.

10. Exec says:

The beta works fine on the 1709 version. Huge thanks for it!

11. phuong says:

Can 7+ Taskbar Tweaker v.53 works on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update? I mean the current version v5.3 (not beta). Thanks! 😀

12. phuong says:

I found an small issues (7+ taskbar tweaker beta on w10 fall creators update):

I choose show “alt+tab” when “ctrl+right-click” on empty space on taskbar (emptyspace|ctrl+rclick: 2) but it show Start in full screen (not alt+tab).

Pls help. Thankyou so much!

13. Lincoln says:

Just installed the beta on my two laptops (updated to 1709 yesterday), and all appears to be working normally! Thank you!

14. Eleuth says:

After start it says “could not load library (5)”. But it opens and stays in the tray, I have access to options but nothing seems work.

15. . says:

you keep on saving my life man

16. lucar says:

Thank you it works like a charm!

17. Timothy says:

As always, you are amazing! Once it rolls out to me, I’ll give this a shot. (I’m not going to be an ultra-early-adopter this time!!)

18. phuong says:

I found an small issues (7+ taskbar tweaker beta on w10 fall creators update):

I THINK IT HAVE A PROPLEM BETWEEN RIGHT-CLICK TO ALT+TAB

Pls help. Thankyou so much!

19. Michael Pegg says:

Hi
    Thanks for your work.
    I like the Full Start Menu/Screen at startup instead of desktop. This option was removed some versions ago and now is only available if you choose tablet mode ( which stops spit screen etc).
    Any chance of an option to boot into start menu please.
    Thanks Michael

20. Ian Mosley says:

Minor (?) Issue with 7tt_setup_beta on Windows 10 v1709 (Build 16299.19)

Just noticed that the tray icon has suddenly appeared even though I’ve selected ‘Hide Tray Icon’ in Settings.

Build 16299.19 = Build 16299.15 + Cumulative Update KB4043961

Build 16299.15 was the initial public offering of Windows 10 v1709.

21. Oliver says:

Hi. Thanks for the quick release for the Win 10 update. Just a note that Kaspersky Antivirus is saying the installer executable contains a trojan called “UDS:Trojan.Win32.Generic”. It’s likely a false positive but wanted to let you know. I’m using Kaspersky 18.0.0.405 with the latest definitions.

Hi Oliver,
      Thanks for letting me know. That’s not the first time, 7+ Taskbar Tweaker was falsely detected in the past by Kaspersky with the same classification. I sent them an email about it, hopefully the detection will be removed in the near future.

22. Oliver says:

Update: Kaspersky got another definitions update and is no longer complaining about the installer. It was obviously a false positive. Thanks and again, great work.

23. robert says:

dear 7+ creators: i really love your software.
    would you add a new feature? (windows 7)
    as you may know; for those of us who need to use and keep the onscreen keyboard active, pinned and minimized at all times its anoying how it maximizes on its own when avtivating the magnyfyer or other programs.
    could you add a “disable automaximixing” option? thanks

24. Emil Dörr says:

Bin gespannt

25. anon says:

thank you very much, i can’t use my computer without your tweak 😀

26. Dan Dreifort says:

FYI – bitdefender won’t let me update b/c it’s flagging the latest update as malware.

The application 7+ taskbar tweaker.exe accesses a web resource http://rammichael.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2017/10/7tt_setup.exe that has been detected as infected. Virus name: Cloud.Malware.1130zv3@bC27nZii. The web resource has been successfully blocked and your PC is now safe.

27. I just recently discovered the feature of being able to drag window thumbnails, which I thought was a godsend. However, when I restart Chrome (which I combine/group into one window), the order of the thumbnails reverts back to what it was before dragging. Is there no way of maintaining the order of the thumbnails upon restarting an application? Otherwise, the feature isn’t of much use to me, unfortunately.

Unfortunately no, there’s no way. Chrome decides the order of the thumbnails, and the tweaker has not way to distinguish between them after Chrome restarts, so it can’t restore the previous order.

• Yeah, I even tried ungrouping the taskbar button, rearranging the button/window order, and then grouping again, which changes the thumbnail order, too, but it all gets reset upon startup.

28. Richard Abbott says:

Is there a way to increase the size of the taskbar icons? I could do this on the previous version but don’t see that option anymore.

29. jDr0id says:

Hey, any progress on tray_icons_padding support? Got a new laptop recently and now I’m on Windows 10 -_-

Will donate again if a new beta campaign comes around!

30. J Byers says:

Getting “site blocked” message when attempting download:

“This site is blocked due to a security threat.

This site is blocked due to a security threat that was discovered by the Cisco Umbrella security researchers.
    Report an incorrect block
    This site was blocked by Cisco Umbrella’s patent-pending Intelligent Proxy.
    Diagnostic Info
    2299280
    Origin ID
    87855318
    Prefs
    16448
    Query
    server=nginx-proxy-ef4921175d22.signginx.dfw&url=http://rammichael.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2017/10/7tt_setup.exe&proxy=y&origin=GQpmHwx7BRMuBQpwGAgdFQ==&prefs=16448&tagging=0x39FD000000000000000
    Server
    nginx-proxy-ef4921175d22.signginx.dfw
    Time
    2017-11-17 18:37:18.538939089 +0000 UTC m=+1217095.725849838”

31. KayV says:

Hi RaMMicHael,

just upgraded to Win 1709 Pro german, unfortunately “disable_topmost” doesn’t work anymore. I’m using 7TT 5.4. Any chance to get it working again?

Thanks for your wonderful work!

Hi Kay,

I just verified, and it works on my Windows 10, which is also of version 1709.
      Perhaps you’re using another customization program which conflicts with 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.
      If you can find a way to reproduce the problem, please let me know. Otherwise, I’m not sure how to help you.