7+ Taskbar Tweaker for Windows 10 April 2018 Update: early alpha version

A new update for Windows 10, the April 2018 Update (was referred to as the Spring Creators Update, also known as Windows 10 version 1803, code name Redstone 4), is being worked on by Microsoft for a while, and should be released on early 2018. According to online sources, build 17133 should have been the final build to be released to the wide public, but it appears now that the release was delayed (sources: one, two).

As with every Windows update (see previous blog posts), 7+ Taskbar Tweaker needs to be updated to support the new Windows version.

I have been asked by many users to provide an updated version of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker, and since 17133 was believed to be the final version, I began working on it. For now, I did enough adjustments for the tweaker to load without crashing, but didn’t test all of the tweaks. I plan to do that in the near future. As with previous updates, those who contributed to the project can download the early alpha version here (removed) and try it out.

Update (May 20): A non-beta 7+ Taskbar Tweaker version with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update support is now available. You can get it here.

Posted in Software, Updates by RaMMicHaeL at April 16th, 2018.

129 Responses to “7+ Taskbar Tweaker for Windows 10 April 2018 Update: early alpha version”

1. MatG says:

Alpha version works perfectly for me. Thanx a lot!!

• Dimitri says:

7tt_setup_v5.4.9.3 works for fine for me after Windows version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) installed yesterday. I mainly use 7TT to keep taskbar buttons separated (ungrouped) without labels (i.e. hidden labels, to save space) which I find really useful. Thank you!

2. kot9ipa says:

good free program! Work only donat. ahahaha

3. Tod says:

Thank you so much for making the alpha version available! It worked for me!

4. AliNiceBoy says:

Hi.
    Firstly, I wanna thank you for this amazing software!
    You’ve made our life easier ­čÖé
    Unfortunately, I live in a country which cannot access to paypal or other international payment services ­čÖü
    So, how can I make a donation and get the alpha and beta versions?
    Many thanks.

5. quietlysalient says:

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this amazingly useful piece of software. I just updated to the latest Windows version and cannot believe how much worse the experience is without 7TT working properly. I didn’t donate as much as some others did, I’m still a university student and am just about to start my new job in a few weeks, after graduating.

I do want the alpha version, otherwise I might have waited with my donation until a later time when I have an actual income. However, I also really want to show my appreciation regardless. Fantastic work!

6. Scott Gartner says:

The alpha works great for me. No issues at all.

7. Alex B says:

Worked perfectly. I was worried when the update removed my nice thin vertical taskbar. Why windows purposefully denies such a convenient way to use the taskbar I don’t know, but I appreciate people like you rushing to fix window’s horrible decisions.

8. Mike says:

Running Alpha version. Can’t live without my mouse wheel volume ­čÖé THANKS!

9. Lizard says:

there seems to be a bug, when deleting something from the taskbar (not unpinning) there appears are strange menu, but the item is not completely removed from taskbar, else fine.

10. Twisted_Code says:

so basically, until you find time to test it, it becomes a premium application? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I understand the positive effect donations can have on one’s morale, but I’d rather you let everyone use the simpler-to-maintain features and have a separate “pro” version for the harder stuff, like a lot of other independent developers do

• David says:

Or you could just donate $1 and be done with it. There is no minimum donation barring your entry. Surely you waste at least $1 on something occasionally. Instead, you can make it go somewhere worthwhile.

• John says:

I actually quite agree with this. If theres features of 7TT that dont require updates for each version of windows that could be 7TT Basic then for the ones that require updates per version could have 7TT Pro. Theres been enough versions of Windows 10 now to figure out which ones work without needing updates and which ones do.

It wouldnt be such a bad idea really.

11. jt says:

Hello ­čÖé

Will the new version to fix the bug on Windows 10 be available soon?

Thx a lot for this application ! <3

12. muson says:

Ty for this Alpha, its works!

13. Tom says:

I installed the latest alpha (5.4.9.3). I use it to enlarge the task bar icons — and it worked. I haven’t spotted any problems yet.

14. Rob says:

Any idea when this might at least make it to a public beta?

No rush. I had just gotten used to this amazing app and now I miss this app SO much. LOL

(Yes. I am aware that I can donate to get an alpha.)

15. lliam says:

Malwarebytes blocking your domain due to riskware detected. I had to disable Malwarebytes to get here. My PC just updated Windows now waiting for your update. Am concerned about the flagging of your site though…

16. Phew. I was worried too after Windows pushed the 1803 update on me and I forgot that I would need a new 7+TT. Fortunately the alpha seems to work perfectly ­čÖé Windows is a bit tedious without some of the basic features that you can only have with 7+TT!

17. Eain says:

Works great! Thank you!

18. Martin Starzyk says:

I contributed on Wednesday. PayPal confirmed on Thursday. I’ve make multiple requests but no email yet.

???

Thank you for your contribution. I’ve just released a public version of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker with Windows 10 April 2018 Update support (v5.5), so the alpha version is no longer relevant.

19. Arsen says:

Thank you! It works perfectly.

20. Sebby says:

Avira detect “TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen” in the alpha install-file.

But it works, and you deserve another donation, thank you very much for your effort!

21. Zac says:

I’m getting a 503 error on the alpha download links after donating.

The server had some technical difficulties yesterday, and was slow to respond. The website should work properly now. But I’ve released a public version of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker with Windows 10 April 2018 Update support (v5.5), so the alpha version is no longer relevant.

22. gexcube says:

I made a donation (without posting to wall), but I am still not able to download. I wrote an email but still no response. What should I do?

23. Koni says:

Stopped working on new win10 update of may 2018!!! Please revise and update. Can’t live without.

24. Fran├žois says:

Hi, I have sent 20$ in the hope of getting the link to the Alpha Version (as I have the W10 1803 OS). I have just received an email form "RaMMicHaeL", but no link nor reply to my request. So what? Besides, I wonder why "RaMMicHaeL" 's email address is (removed). As "rammmichael.com" had many issues yesterday (nearly impossible to reach or very slowly after multiple refresh), I wonder if some hacking attempts targeted the site. Any idea?

25. Konstantin says:

Thanx a lot, great helpful soft.
    Is it possible to build in it a function of screen brightness adjusment with mouse wheel like it works for system volume? It would be great.

New alpha version is working fine on spring upd., thank you.

26. Aretin says:

My Win-10 x64 Version is 1803 (OS Build 17133.73). I have not updated to the April-2018 update.

Current 7+ Tweaker Update (May 20) – non-beta is working fine. I just hope it won’t break with the May 2018 update as one of the commentator above mentioned. Thanks a ton.

27. Fran├žois says:

Update: Michael has sent a kind message to me today, to tell me that the Alpha version is available, so it’s ok ­čśë

Thank you again Michael!

…unfortunatly, it does not work, but I cannot figure out wether it relies to the new version or to my PC: the software seems to install in the “AppData” folder, not in “System32″…and I do not even know if this is normal or not (please see the link to a screenshot below).

Any clue? Please help me! I can’t live without this prog ­čÖé

• Fran├žois says:

Yes!!!! Finally it works! Writing my previous comment to thank Michael, I had an idea: to install the prog in the “Local” AppData folder, not in the “Roaming” AppData folder which is run by default during the setup process. Et voila ­čÖé

I’m glad that you got it working. I don’t see a major advantage of “Local” to “Roaming”. In your case, the setup was unable to override the tweaker’s file, perhaps because it was still running, or because it was scanned by an antivirus.

28. Martin says:

Thanks for the update, it is a wonderful application

29. Nicholas says:

The latest 7+ Taskbar Tweaker is triggering a “malicious activity” message from the Paloalto Networks software at my office which will not allow it to run. Unfortunately the message I get does not have additional information about what it is complaining about. The previous version did not trigger this message.

Would you be able to post the previous (release) version for download? I do not actually need the changes in the latest version as we are not on Windows 10 yet, and unfortunately I overwrote it when I installed the new version.

Thanks.

30. Patrick says:

Just wanted to let you know that the latest version (May 20) triggers a false positive on Malwarebytes, “MachineLearning/Anomalous.96%”.
    Thank you for your great work!