About

Hello and welcome to my blog, which is mostly about software I write, and a little bit about programming and reverse engineering.

You can contact me by email, or by leaving a reply below.

Posted at June 17th, 2010.

368 Responses to “About”

1. Dsmagen18 says:

Hi Ram,

We have a problem. Symantec is flagging the 5.4.0.1 download of Taskbar Tweaker as having the virus SONAR.ProcHijack!g37. Can you please run a scan, and let us know when a clean version is available?

I can forward a screenshot of the full report.

Thanks.

4/23/2018

2. Purrphiz says:

http://www.nyan.cat/pikanyan 😀 Good one

Great work, appreciate it. Have no luck in donating since Paypal is banned around here. Would you mind sharing the alpha version ?

I’m using the 17134.1 build and the beta version does not load.

Thanks in advance <3 You’re loved

3. Erik says:

Hi there, since I the Taskbar Tweaker doesn’t work with the Creator’s Spring update, I decided to donate a few Euro’s to get the alpha-version…
    Unfortunately, I’m not able to download this version…
    Regards,
    Erik

4. Dsmagen18 says:

“The latest beta version is 5.4.0.2, why not use it instead?”.

Would love to. But – can you run a virus scan against it first?

Thanks.

5. Mihai says:

Hello,

The latest beta is not compatible with the W10 Spring Creators Update, when will the updated version be uploaded?

6. Ray says:

How do I go about receiving Alpha versions, please?

7. Erick says:

I have donated,but can’t download,kindly pls help and check it,Thanks.

8. Mark says:

You can’t host binaries on clear http in 2018, this is ridiculous. Do you know about Let’s Encrypt?

Unfortunately my web hosting doesn’t support https at the moment. I know that’s suboptimal, but they say that https support is being worked on and should be available soon.

9. Joshua Nelson says:

Ram,

Norton won’t let me install v5.4.9.3. Allows me to install v5.4.9.2, though.

10. Takashi says:

Thank you for making good software. I am Japanese.
    It can not be used with the new version of Windows 10.
    alpha versions is required. I tried to donate but it seems that PayPal has not been accepted from Japan. What should I do now.Thanks.

11. Mua Sa says:

Hi Ram,
    Thanks a lot for your effort to make it easier dealing with a lot of stuff on windows.

There’s a problem (incompatibility warning) with the 7+ Taskbar Tweaker on the new Windows 10 update (version 1803)

Can you please address it and thanks again.

12. C says:

Made a donation (receipt arrived of the donation through paypal) but still get no access.

13. PashokRO says:

Доброго времени суток.бета версия не работает,при запуске программы пишет ошибка – не удалось загрузить библиотеки,помогите исправить ошибку …

14. Jin Kwon says:

Hi, Ram.
    I made a donation, and I got this error message.

“Seems like you didn’t make a donation. You can make one here.
    If you believe that this is an error, please contact me.”

15. Phil D says:

Same issue here. Made a $10 donation via Paypal but my email is still not recognized.

16. ogr242 says:

I make donation. How can i download latest alpha 7tt?

17. Bogdan Dumitrascu says:

I have just made a donation as I believe your work really deserves compensation, but I got the same error as Jim Kwon…

“Seems like you didn’t make a donation. You can make one here.
    If you believe that this is an error, please contact me.”

Thank you for the contribution Bogdan. Your email exists in the database, so perhaps you tried too soon, before the donation was confirmed by PayPal.
      In any case, I’ve just released a public version of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker with Windows 10 April 2018 Update support (v5.5), so the alpha version is no longer relevant.

18. Heather says:

Malwarebytes is tonight suddenly popping up ‘website blocked due to riskware’ and saying it’s something 7+Taskbar Tweaker is trying to do. Never had the issue before, so it could just be an overzealous update, but wanted to let you know.

19. Because Malwarebytes keeps blocking your “7+ Taskbar Tweaker” program from attempting to go to “rammichael.com”, because your website is NOT SECURE, and because Malwarebytes, also, reports that your website contains what it calls “riskware,” I am no longer going to use your programs, and I’m going to, immediately, uninstall any of your programs that I have installed on my computer for security reasons!!

20. Fabio Rodrigues says:

does it work with two monitors?
    Tks !!

21. Liz says:

Some user in our company started using your software. They installed it and 7+ Taskbar Tweaker generated a del.vbs script. Can you help me find out what is this vbs script and why is it installed and put into the registry RUNONCE?
    Or can you tell me which versions of 7TT uses it because I just installed v5.5 but the same script wasn’t generated for me at all.
    Because of this it seems to be a suspicious software.

Thanks in advance if you could help me out.

Hi Liz,

The del.vbs script is a simple script that is created when the tweaker auto-updates, and its purpose is to remove the temporary installer of the new version upon restart. If you just install the tweaker manually, the file is not created.

Feel free to look at the code, it contains a couple of easy to understand code lines.

22. Sun Jin Jun says:

Hi there!

I am an engineer who is using one of the software that you developed, SlimFTPd (3.181), as a FTP Server.

Could you please confirm whether you have “fixed bug where active session counter would not be decremented if user disconnected without logging off.” in the lastest version (3.181) because it seems like the server is not actually disconnecting the session.

Our client is getting 421 error (which is server connection limit issue) once in a while and it does not recover unless we restart the FTP Server.

Thanks a lot!!

I’m not the original developer of SlimFTPd, I forked the project mainly to add Unicode support (original website and my fork). My fork is based on the latest version, 3.181, which should have the issue fixed (in versions 3.11 and 3.12). But I don’t really know, perhaps the issue wasn’t completely fixed.

I haven’t used SlimFTPd in high loads, only for a modest personal use, so I haven’t encountered this issue. If you manage to find and fix it, feel free to send a pull request on GitHub 🙂

Actually, looking at the code, I know what the issue is – the counter increacement/decreacement is not thread safe. I’ll fix it and post back.

Done, please try the new version and let me know if it fixes the issue.

• Sun Jin Jun says:

Wow! I didn’t expect such a quick response.

Thank you for taking time to look back at the code and fixing the issue.
        I will do a simple load testing and see if this new version fixes the issue!