About

Hello and welcome to my blog, which is mostly about software I write, and a little bit about programming and reverse engineering.

You can contact me by email, or by leaving a reply below.

Posted at June 17th, 2010.

398 Responses to “About”

1. Dsmagen18 says:

Hi Ram,

We have a problem. Symantec is flagging the 5.4.0.1 download of Taskbar Tweaker as having the virus SONAR.ProcHijack!g37. Can you please run a scan, and let us know when a clean version is available?

I can forward a screenshot of the full report.

Thanks.

4/23/2018

2. Purrphiz says:

http://www.nyan.cat/pikanyan 😀 Good one

Great work, appreciate it. Have no luck in donating since Paypal is banned around here. Would you mind sharing the alpha version ?

I’m using the 17134.1 build and the beta version does not load.

Thanks in advance <3 You’re loved

3. Erik says:

Hi there, since I the Taskbar Tweaker doesn’t work with the Creator’s Spring update, I decided to donate a few Euro’s to get the alpha-version…
    Unfortunately, I’m not able to download this version…
    Regards,
    Erik

4. Dsmagen18 says:

“The latest beta version is 5.4.0.2, why not use it instead?”.

Would love to. But – can you run a virus scan against it first?

Thanks.

5. Mihai says:

Hello,

The latest beta is not compatible with the W10 Spring Creators Update, when will the updated version be uploaded?

6. Ray says:

How do I go about receiving Alpha versions, please?

7. Erick says:

I have donated,but can’t download,kindly pls help and check it,Thanks.

8. Mark says:

You can’t host binaries on clear http in 2018, this is ridiculous. Do you know about Let’s Encrypt?

Unfortunately my web hosting doesn’t support https at the moment. I know that’s suboptimal, but they say that https support is being worked on and should be available soon.

9. Joshua Nelson says:

Ram,

Norton won’t let me install v5.4.9.3. Allows me to install v5.4.9.2, though.

10. Takashi says:

Thank you for making good software. I am Japanese.
    It can not be used with the new version of Windows 10.
    alpha versions is required. I tried to donate but it seems that PayPal has not been accepted from Japan. What should I do now.Thanks.

11. Mua Sa says:

Hi Ram,
    Thanks a lot for your effort to make it easier dealing with a lot of stuff on windows.

There’s a problem (incompatibility warning) with the 7+ Taskbar Tweaker on the new Windows 10 update (version 1803)

Can you please address it and thanks again.

12. C says:

Made a donation (receipt arrived of the donation through paypal) but still get no access.

13. PashokRO says:

Доброго времени суток.бета версия не работает,при запуске программы пишет ошибка – не удалось загрузить библиотеки,помогите исправить ошибку …

14. Jin Kwon says:

Hi, Ram.
    I made a donation, and I got this error message.

“Seems like you didn’t make a donation. You can make one here.
    If you believe that this is an error, please contact me.”

15. Phil D says:

Same issue here. Made a $10 donation via Paypal but my email is still not recognized.

16. ogr242 says:

I make donation. How can i download latest alpha 7tt?

17. Bogdan Dumitrascu says:

I have just made a donation as I believe your work really deserves compensation, but I got the same error as Jim Kwon…

“Seems like you didn’t make a donation. You can make one here.
    If you believe that this is an error, please contact me.”

Thank you for the contribution Bogdan. Your email exists in the database, so perhaps you tried too soon, before the donation was confirmed by PayPal.
      In any case, I’ve just released a public version of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker with Windows 10 April 2018 Update support (v5.5), so the alpha version is no longer relevant.

18. Heather says:

Malwarebytes is tonight suddenly popping up ‘website blocked due to riskware’ and saying it’s something 7+Taskbar Tweaker is trying to do. Never had the issue before, so it could just be an overzealous update, but wanted to let you know.

19. Because Malwarebytes keeps blocking your “7+ Taskbar Tweaker” program from attempting to go to “rammichael.com”, because your website is NOT SECURE, and because Malwarebytes, also, reports that your website contains what it calls “riskware,” I am no longer going to use your programs, and I’m going to, immediately, uninstall any of your programs that I have installed on my computer for security reasons!!

20. Fabio Rodrigues says:

does it work with two monitors?
    Tks !!

21. Liz says:

Some user in our company started using your software. They installed it and 7+ Taskbar Tweaker generated a del.vbs script. Can you help me find out what is this vbs script and why is it installed and put into the registry RUNONCE?
    Or can you tell me which versions of 7TT uses it because I just installed v5.5 but the same script wasn’t generated for me at all.
    Because of this it seems to be a suspicious software.

Thanks in advance if you could help me out.

Hi Liz,

The del.vbs script is a simple script that is created when the tweaker auto-updates, and its purpose is to remove the temporary installer of the new version upon restart. If you just install the tweaker manually, the file is not created.

Feel free to look at the code, it contains a couple of easy to understand code lines.

22. Sun Jin Jun says:

Hi there!

I am an engineer who is using one of the software that you developed, SlimFTPd (3.181), as a FTP Server.

Could you please confirm whether you have “fixed bug where active session counter would not be decremented if user disconnected without logging off.” in the lastest version (3.181) because it seems like the server is not actually disconnecting the session.

Our client is getting 421 error (which is server connection limit issue) once in a while and it does not recover unless we restart the FTP Server.

Thanks a lot!!

I’m not the original developer of SlimFTPd, I forked the project mainly to add Unicode support (original website and my fork). My fork is based on the latest version, 3.181, which should have the issue fixed (in versions 3.11 and 3.12). But I don’t really know, perhaps the issue wasn’t completely fixed.

I haven’t used SlimFTPd in high loads, only for a modest personal use, so I haven’t encountered this issue. If you manage to find and fix it, feel free to send a pull request on GitHub 🙂

Actually, looking at the code, I know what the issue is – the counter increacement/decreacement is not thread safe. I’ll fix it and post back.

Done, please try the new version and let me know if it fixes the issue.

• Sun Jin Jun says:

Wow! I didn’t expect such a quick response.

Thank you for taking time to look back at the code and fixing the issue.
        I will do a simple load testing and see if this new version fixes the issue!

23. Victor says:

Привет! У меня есть идея новой фичи 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.
    Сделать возможность привязки виртуального рабочего стола к внешнему монитору.
    Например, у меня ноут в офисе подключается к докстанции с 2 мониками. Я удобно раскидал все приложения по ним.
    При отключении от докстанции я бы хотел, чтобы второй моник и все окна с него перетекали на второй виртуальный рабочий стол.
    Как вариант, можно при отключении монитора создавать новый рабочий стол, а при подключении обратно его убивать.
    Буду рад помочь лично, если приложение написано на C#.

С уважением,
    Виктор

24. Lee Kar Leong says:

I have made donation yet see system couldnt detect so
    Can you help with this ?

25. enckjiang says:

I use PayPal donations, but does not detect my mailbox.
    please help me.

26. LeslieH says:

Hi, after the latest windows 10 update, I get a 7 + taskbar tweaker incompatibility warning message. It says that it seems I am using an unsupported build of Windows 10(an insider build). That I can proceed, but windows may crash or hang, the tweaker can fail. Why did I get this message and how do I fix it? I am not very good with computers so please use easy to follow directions.

Can you specify your OS build? You can find it by searching for “About your PC” in the start menu. You can use this guide for detailed instructions (the “Use the Settings App to Check Basic Info” section).

• Jeffrey G says:

This is for OS Build 17763.1 Which was just released less than 24 hours ago. Im having the same issue my self.

27. star says:

Sorry, my email can’t receive this code. Can I change it?

28. Larry says:

I made a donation but I haven’t received a code

29. moelogxam says:

I made a donation but I haven’t received a code 🙁

30. Jurio says:

Hi. Thank you for this program.
    I love ‘sort group item’ in the inspector.
    But I want more easy way to sort group items.
    Several clicks are needed to do it.
    It would be better that there is auto sort function.
    ‘Always auto sort items’ below ‘Sort group items’ would be great.

31. Peter says:

Hi
    I have sent a donation but as yet I have not:
    received an email acknowledgement
    I have not received a code!

Thanks
    Peter

32. SONIC says:

Hi RaMMicHaeL,
    Thank you for your great software, it helped me to use Windows more easily from Win7, 8, 8.1, 10, 2012…to Server 2016.
    May I have the code that I can try it on Server 2019?
    Many thanks.

33. SONIC says:

Hi RaMMicHaeL,
    Thanks for you provide the code, it works perfectly on WinServer 2019.
    Excellent software!

34. Piotr says:

Please make comment at download place, that old program must be uninstalled with option delete settings. Restart computer and then install 5.5.05. It is very important.

35. Harm says:

7+ Taskbar Tweaker is a brilliant tool! Good work!

To make donation via bitcoin even easier, you could add the QR-code of your address to your donation page. See: https://www.blockchain.com/en/btc/address/1N9k9AQTJq3mT6XiWT6VCor6A7oWNzmYZB

36. Suha Aksöz says:

I want to donate but PayPal doesn’t work in my home country Turkey. Please help!