About

Hello and welcome to my blog, which is mostly about software I write, and a little bit about programming and reverse engineering.

You can contact me by email, or by leaving a reply below.

Posted at June 17th, 2010.

455 Responses to “About”

1. paul says:

I have been a user for MANY years, and have donated on occasion. There are two lingering issues on this wonderful program. Maybe you can review. 1. When I open excel files one at a time, it will move ALL excel open windows to the front of the line in the task bar. I wish it would leave the older sessions where they were.
    2. When I open new Adobe sessions, it places them right to left (newest on the right). Unlike ALL other programs that I open, the sessions line up properly left to right (newest on the right).

Any reason for these issues, and can it be fixed?

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the feedback and the support, I’m glad that you like the tweaker 🙂

As for the issues:

1. Unfortunately, Excel doesn’t play well with the taskbar. A number of issues were reported regarding Excel and the taskbar. This issue looks similar to the one you describe. Here’s another issue, which links to an issue, which links to a comment, which links to a couple of other comments, all related to Excel and the taskbar.

Did you mean “newest on the left”? Sounds like a bug/mis-feature of the Adobe program. Which program is that? Can you post a screenshot of how it looks?

I’d assume that the issue happens when the tweaker is not running, too. That’s clearly an issue of Adobe Acrobat. I’d guess that they open the new document in the current window, then create a new window, and move the old document to the new window for some reason.

The good news is that the tweaker allows you to re-order the items within the group, either by right-mouse-button-dragging or by re-ordering the thumbnails. Let me know if you don’t know how.

2. Alexander Repp says:

Hi Rammichael,
    i been using ur taskbar tweaker for easy controlling the Volume at my PC – very urgent at mixed volumes everywhere.
    All been working nice and quickly, but since u implemented new windows slider all is laggy and needs sometimes nearly a minute to controll volume … k my PC is no i7 (lowest level @ IntelAtomX5-Z8350 & 40″ TV :D) but it been workin so nice before with that old slider :(((
    can u fix that ?
    hopefully,
    alex

3. Klass says:

Please add “Open File Location” to Jump List.

Thanks.

4. TarcĂ­sio Teles says:

Hi Michael! I’m from Brazil, and the 7+ tweaker is one of the best software I’ve come to know so far. Thanks for the attention to the details, and mainly for making it free (today I could only donate 5 USD, because here in Brazil, 5 USD equals ~22 BRL….. =/ ).

I couldn’t make the 7 tweaker work for multimonitors. Can someone help me? I’m using W10 N Education, 64 bits. Thanks in advance and success for all of us.

Hi TarcĂ­sio,

Thank you for the feedback and the contribution, I appreciate it!

About the issue with multimonitors, can you please provide more details? What doesn’t work for you?

• TarcĂ­sio Teles says:

For example:
        I’m using my notebook and a second monitor, both @ 1366×768.

Although I’m using the second monitor with the “extend screen” mode, I can’t set the 7+ tweaker on the taskbar located at the external monitor, only at the laptop’s native screen.

Can you give an example of a feature that doesn’t work on the second monitor? Also, are you using any other customization tools, such as DisplayFusion?

• TarcĂ­sio Teles says:

I’ll try to post an image here, so you can see my little problem:

On the left, my laptop screen, just the way I wanted thanks to your program.

On the right the external monitor, I want the windows taskbar on the left side of the screen, and with a minimal width (as the laptop screen already is).

BOTH the screens are at 1366×768, and I’m not using any other customization tools.

(I know it’s cliche, but sorry for the eventual bad english)

That’s something Windows allows to do. Unlock your taskbar, move it to the left, and lock it again. See this guide for details.

and with a minimal width (as the laptop screen already is)

The no_width_limit advanced option of the tweaker can help with that. Since you’ve done it in the main taskbar, it should already be enabled, and you should be able to just resize the secondary taskbar.

5. ERIC says:

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this amazing little program! I use it pretty much every day (and multiple times through the day) to easily tweak the grouping/combining options.

If we could have global shortcuts for fast toggling of these options (or even a context menu in the system tray icon so you don’t have to open the full app window), that would be great!

Thanks again for an awesome utility!

6. Leo Gao says:

Hi Rammichael,

I just would like to thank you for providing such an awesome tool! I can’t imagin leaving it. Thank you!

Leo.

7. Lisa Priepot says:

Well I installed the latest Windows 10 updates on my PC this morning & it’s totally screwed my Taskbar Tweaker. It won’t let me change the order of multiple open Chrome windows on the taskbar. They’re just stuck together which I assume is grouping. Middle click on my mouse is suppose to take me to my desktop & that isn’t working either. They’ve obviously made some changes to the taskbar which work make sense as to why Tweaker isn’t working right. I’ve been using this for close to 10 years & I’ll go crazy without it working the way I’m used to. Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need any information. Thank you, Lisa

• Helmut says:

Hi Lisa,

you should check Taskbar Tweaker for an Update. Mine is running fine again after I made the update.

• Lisa says:

I did, but I got an error opening file for writing …appdata\roaming\7+ Taskbar Tweaker\inject.dll It gave me the options to abort, retry, or ignore. The first 2 didn’t work, so I did ignore. Any suggestions? Should I try uninstalling & reinstalling? Thanks!

8. Lisa says:

I tried reinstalling & got the same pop-up I described in my earlier post. After installing, it said “Could not load library (102)”

9. Lisa says:

It worked great! Thank you so much! I was going out of mind without it. Will be making a donation in the next couple days.