7+ Taskbar Tweaker for Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Another upcoming Windows 10 update, another post. According to Wikipedia, the May 2019 Update is expected to be released at the end of May. As any previous major update, it requires to do adjustments to 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

I’ve just released the first beta version of the tweaker which adds experimental support for the Windows 10 May 2019 Update. It also adds some features to Windows 10 which were requested multiple times by users. Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the beta version.

Several users also asked me about support for the insider builds of Windows 10 Codename 20H1. I plan to add minimal support for it (see here for details about the meaning of “minimal support”), but probably not before releasing the stable version for the May 2019 Update.

Update (May 6): Turns out the new beta version works for Windows 10 Codename 20H1, too. Tested on build 18890.

Posted in Software, Updates by RaMMicHaeL at May 4th, 2019.

46 Responses to “7+ Taskbar Tweaker for Windows 10 May 2019 Update”

1. anon says:

“Update (October 12)”: October 12? Is that a typo? šŸ˜€

2. anon says:

Do you plan to update 7+ Taskbar Numberer as well?

3. Hj. Mathes says:

I have Windows 10 version 1903 installed. Taskbar Twieker works with your beta version. Donated today, where can I get request code for experimental support of Windows 10 version 1903. If possible send to my e-mail address.
    regards
    Hj. Mathes

4. James says:

Hi, I have an access code for alpha versions, can I use it with the latest beta version: v5.6.2.3?

5. Anoir Ben Tanfous says:

I would like to suggest a feature that would make your app even better… When there is a window set fullscreen or top-most on windows and maximized… most of the time the taskbar when set to autohide (to save some space on screen and reduce visual clutter)… the Taskbar refuse to show and this is an issue that dates back to Windows 95 and MS didn’t manage to solve it since then…

My suggestion is to add the WinApi function that set the taskbar to topmost and trigger the unhide if Windows doesn’t do it (also hide would be great to force it when the taskbar is stuck) and make the Stay or Wheel trigger one state or another…

There is a software called Taskbar Activate and it’s the only one that I’ve found that solve this properly but it’s very outdated and his author is dead long time ago unfortunately… I managed to make it work even better and hide the line on the bottom but I just wish if I was a programmer so I will reverse engineer it and make a more modern version… (many photoshop users suffer from this issue since the taskbar when refuse to autohide it block the view of the tray which contains some useful information and it’s frustrating to have to change the taskbar to be always visible because of this and lose some screen space that is needed for softwares’ UI)

6. dasb says:

would like to request a feature for reverting the volume back to the Windows 7 style. I was able to do this with a registry tweak but it no longer works in 1903.

The registry tweak still works, I just verified it with 1903. But the latest beta version of the tweaker uses the modern volume indicator for its volume scrolling events. I checked, and it doesn’t work well with the Windows registry option to disable the modern indicator. You can use the sndvol_classic advanced option of the tweaker to revert to the old behavior.

7. Michael says:

I often have many windows (hundreds). Is it possible for this app to fast scroll the entries, maybe with the mouse scroll? How can I make a feature request? Thank you.

7+ Taskbar Tweaker has several options that can help you manage lots of windows. Some of them are:
      * The Taskbar Inspector. You can launch it from the tweaker’s options window or from the tray icon, by double/middle clicking the taskbar, and by other means (such as a keyboard shortcut) by adjusting it via the advanced options.
      * The “Cycle between taskbar buttons” option.
      * The multipage_wheel_scroll advanced option.
      * Custom grouping and combining.
      * And more, just play with the various options and see what fits your workflow.

8. Difool2nice says:

hi there ! lot of difficulties to open your website ! lot of issues, load slooooooooowwwwwly ! i must reload it several time and some links go to a cloudfare error page…

I know that there are issues sometimes for some geographical locations. The proper solution would probably be to switch hosting, but Iā€™m reluctant to do it for now, since it’s time consuming to move it all. As a workaround you can use a web proxy, there are plenty of those, Google for it.

9. James says:

Whats going on? When will you release the update for 1903? Or are you as usual dragging out on things to feed on the donations of inpatient people?

10. Stop being rude #2 says:

You should be happy you get this software for free at all. What specifically have you done to earn the end result of many manhours of labour of somebody else?

11. Timothy says:

Beta tester here! Thanks for this awesome tool! I love it.

Noticing that tray_icons_padding has some unusual effects now. Setting it to “1” used to make the padding tight and perfect, but now the icons run together. I tried other values and found that larger values have more padding, and setting it to “8” seemed to look a lot like the previous version. However, if you lock your computer and unlock it, it looks weird again. Screenshots below.

Set to 1: https://postimg.cc/8F7WxqG4
    Before unlocking, set to 8: https://postimg.cc/qzpKpt0z
    After unlocking, set to 8: https://postimg.cc/0b50NKnz

12. Pablo says:

Hello,
    I’m beta-testing version 5.6.2.3 on Win 1903, and I’m noticing that the Search window will always remain open even after clicking outside of it or some search result. I have to press the Escape key in order to close it.
    As soon as 7TT is closed, the search window can be closed normally.

Thanks for all the effort!

Hi Pablo,

I tried, but wasn’t able to reproduce the issue. Can you reproduce it consistently, or was it a one time issue? Do you still have the issue if you turn off all of the tweaker’s settings? If not, can you enable them one by one and see which option causes the issue? Thanks.

13. gundamhyl says:

The donate version 5.6.2.4 completely don’t work in 20H1(190607), so sad, here are the errors:

The instruction at 0x00007FFBA825AE4F referenced memory at 0x00000000000C02A0. The memory could not be read.

7+ Taskbar Tweaker: Could not load library (5)

14. Ron says:

AVG is giving me the IDP.generic (ID Protection – Behavior Shield) on 7+ (5.7.0.0 6/29/19) after its latest self update.

I’m pretty sure this is a false positive from a heuristics engine in AVG, but I’d feel better hearing from others that they’ve seen the same and enabled an exception for 7+ with no ill effects.

15. That_Guy says:

Recently updated. SMADAV recognizes it as a user virus, not sure if there is anything you can do, but I had to disable SMADAV as I’ve been using this tweaker for so long, I can’t live without it.

Thanks for this program and all the work you’ve put into it.

16. Iam says:

It would be great if there was an option to launch a manually selected program by taskbar double and middle clicks.