7+ Taskbar Tweaker for Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Three days ago, on October 2, Microsoft started pushing a new Windows 10 update, the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, to users. As with previous Windows 10 updates, the new update breaks compatibility with 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

With previous updates of Windows 10, I published alpha versions of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker while working on compatibility for the new update. But this time there will be no alpha versions – the gradual updates will be through beta versions, and until the final version is ready, contributors can try the experimental support with an access code. See the 7+ Taskbar Tweaker and Windows 10 insider builds post for more details.

Currently, the 5.5.0.4 beta version is available, which was designed around Windows 10 insider build 17713 but partially works with the Windows 10 October 2018 Update. I’m aware that it’s not fully compatible, and I’ll do my best to fill the gaps as soon as I can.

You can get the support code for the beta version here.

Update (October 12): v5.5.0.5 beta is available. This version fixes most known issue.
Update (November 9): 7+ Taskbar Tweaker v5.6 was released, which includes the final Windows 10 October 2018 Update support for all users.

Posted in Software, Updates by RaMMicHaeL at October 5th, 2018.

74 Responses to “7+ Taskbar Tweaker for Windows 10 October 2018 Update”

1. LLiam says:

Hi

The beta 5.5.0.4 you mentioned does not partially work with the latest October update release.

My laptop has just updated and I tried the beta build mentioned by you in the post but;

Could not load library (1004) error message after install.

2. LeonK says:

The beta version 5.5.04 crashed my Explorer (1809 win10) if I change Taskbar button order by dragging it. So it is unusable in 1809 for me.

This most probably happens due to the virtual_desktop_order_fix advanced option. Please disable it for now, until a version that fixes it is available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3. Mayuresh says:

After installing the 5.5.04 beta version , I get a the below message. What does that mean ?
    Could not load library (1004) error message after install.

4. Dennis says:

Will be waiting patiently on the upcoming update.

BTW, will that be possible to create this tool that can be run regardless any windows version? Windows update is annoying which crashes this wonderful software all the time…

Not with the way the tweaker currently works, unfortunately.

5. Mike says:

Must be a pain to keep updating the code every six months 😐
    Out of curiosity…

What exactly keeps breaking functionality?

Does there exist a way to increase a release’s longevity to survive Windows 10 version updates?

As the SW is proprietary, what happens if you step away from development? Any chance you would open source the SW?

What exactly keeps breaking functionality?

You can read this post for details.

Not really, as long as you want to keep all of the current options.

Any chance you would open source the SW?

Maybe one day, but currently I don’t plan to open source it.

• Mike says:

as long as you want to keep all of the current options.

I can only speak for the PCs I oversee, but the reason your brilliant piece of SW gets installed on these desktops is the no_width_limit setting for vertical taskbars.

Far as I know, 7+TT is the only SW that provides this functionality.

Many thanks Sir 🙂

6. Alexandre Frohlich says:

Hello,

You mentioned a supporter code. I made a contribution for earlier versions of your amazing app.
    I don’t remember receiving a code nor seeing a place to input said code. Although my memory isn’t what it used to be.
    Can you help me out here?

7. Alexandre Frohlich says:

It’s me again, I might have used a different email and I am just posting a new message with the other email.

8. Lang says:

Hi, RaMMicHaeL

Thanks for great helpfull tool. I using Latest beta version: v5.5.0.5

Taskbar is crash when I middle button click to maximize all group items (taskbaritem|mclick: 11)

Please fix it. Thanks so much!

9. jungsu says:

I donated.
    When will it be updated?
    I am waiting.

10. Jos says:

Hello,

I have the new Windows 1809 update; and v5.5.0.5 beta does not work (I get an error “could not load libraries”).
    Should this version already work with the Windows 10 October 2018 update?
    Thank you.

11. Alex says:

Hi RaMMicHaeL

i received supporter code but there it shall be inserted? I do not see any option or settings file or even in registry
    Please assist

12. 4 says:

Огромное вам спасибо за ваш труд!

13. Jonic says:

I’m using the TT 5.0.5 beta version. Now each time I startup Windows, this screen appears…
    See http://joannicolai.nl/tt.jpg
    I want to use autostart TT but don’t like this windows. Can I disable this?

Thanx!

Jonic.

Hi Jonic,

Did you set 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to run at startup manually? If you did, you need to add the -hidewnd command line switch for it to start hidden.

When setting the tweaker to run at startup during installation, or via the program’s settings, it’s being set to start hidden.

Please go to settings, and try to uncheck and then re-check the “run at startup” option. This should restore the -hidewnd command line switch

If that doesn’t help, open Task Manager, look at the startup tab, and verify that there is no more than one entry for 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

14. Alex says:

Добрый день, есть возможность поддержать вашу работу иным способом от пейпала?)

Здравствуйте! Спасибо за предложение. Можно биткойном (адрес можно найти здесь) или WebMoney (пошлите мне письмо, адрес моей электронной почты можно найти здесь).

15. Stephane Simonetti says:

Hi !
    Every time 7+ Taskbar is launching, i have the same error message:

impossible to read the bibliotheque (5)

7 task bar is on the system but doesn’t work at all

do you ahave any idea ?

You’re probably using the new Windows 10 October 2018 Update, which is not yet supported.
      You can try the beta version of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker which has partial support for the new update. You can get it here.
      In order to enable support for the Windows 10 October 2018 Update in the beta version, you need to insert a support code. Please see this post for more details.

16. Stephane Simonetti says:

Thank you for your response but it didn’t help me at all.

I have a code but i don’t know where to input it inside the software

I installed the last veta version: 5.5.0.7 but always the same message:
    Impossible to load the library (5)

I uninstalled 7+ Tweaker and i re-installed it but same problem and same error message

The software doesn’t work at all (not any one function works)

When running the beta version of the tweaker on Windows 10 October 2018 Update, you should get the following dialog:

If you don’t see this dialog, perhaps you checked the “Don’t show this dialog in the future” checkbox.
      If that’s the case, uninstalling and checking “Remove the tweaker’s settings”, then re-installing should get it back. And if you still want to keep the tweaker’s settings, you’ll have to edit the setting in the registry.

17. Stephane Simonetti says:

You were right !

I checked the case: don’t warn me next time

So i had to uninstall the software with my settings

I re-installed it

I entered the code and everything works perfectly

No more error message of the library

Thank you !

18. Dave says:

Stop dragging out the beta only to get more people to donate, you piece of shit.

• Poor College Student says:

He is releasing this software for free, you sound like an entitled asshole. Please grow the hell up.

• Dave says:

“oooh look at meeee, I am so grown up”. Fuck off! “Free” my ass, when he begs for donations like a little whore because it is “beta”. If it is free let me try the beta.

• Poor College Student says:

Nobody forced you to upgrade Windows from 1803 to 1809. (works fine on win 1803)
          Just because he wants donations for beta access doesn’t make the final product less free.
          No need for conspiracy theories, there’s literally zero evidence that he is delaying the release, to make money.
          You are not entitled to other peoples work, be grateful that it’s not paid software in the first place.
          You were unnecessarily hostile calling the guy a piece of shit, because he doesn’t conform to your timetable.
          Yeah, you should definitely consider calming the fuck down.

• Bill says:

If you don’t like the author’s terms and conditions you can always go and use someone else’s software, or write your own. Better yet, go find somewhere else to troll.

As for me, I’m really appreciative of the tool and the author’s efforts.

Hi Dave,
          Please keep a civil tongue. Regarding the beta version, if you have a problem donating, please email me and we’ll find a solution. You can find my email here.

• Lilien says:

You are unbelievable ungrateful, shame on you!

19. YT says:

What’s the minimum donation amount that you accept in Indian rupees?

20. jungsu says:

I received the code.
    But I do not know where to apply it.
    .EXE icons do not merge.
    Help me.

21. Ricky Cobb III says:

Hi, I’m on 1809 and have my beta code for donating but can’t find where to enter it in 7+ Taskbar Tweaker. I may have dismissed the window on startup that allows me to enter the code and even after uninstalling and reinstalling that windows doesn’t come back so I can’t find where to enter the code.
    Never mind. I found the value in the registry called
    nounsupportedwarning_with_code
    which had data set to 1809 (decimal) and I changed it to 1803 (decimal, reg dword) and relaunched 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to get the pop up back where I could enter the code.
    Thanks for making this great app!

Hi Ricky,
      Thank you for the contribution, and I’m glad that you sorted it out. For next insider version builds I made it so that you can’t dismiss the warning dialog without inserting a code.

22. sckmadck says:

at what point are you going to stop calling this software “free”? over a month and you still whore for beta donations.

Well, Windows 10 version 1809 wasn’t even released yet. To be more exact, a version which sometimes deletes document files was released, but the distribution was quickly stopped, and as of now the update is still stalled.
      In any case, 7+ Taskbar Tweaker v5.6 was just released, which adds support to Windows 10 October 2018 Update for all users. If you wanted to try it out but wasn’t able to donate, you can get it now without contributing.

• Thks says:

Hi, I’ve been using your software for quite long time since I moved to Win 10. I’m really grateful to you. Please don’t get discouraged by those self entitled people and you can take your time and continue to work at your comfortable pace. Thank you 🙂

23. IanM says:

Just downloaded v 5.6. However, it downloaded with ‘zero bytes’ size.

Is there an issue here?

24. tummy says:

hello developer,
    i feel grateful for your marvelous software 7+tt.
    i have been using it for years and can’t live without it.
    please do not pay attention to some uncivil tongue guys. they are just like little ignorable bugs – which have no value to think about.
    i would like to thank you and encourage you to keep developing.
    and if you could distribute it as open source in the near future then would be great as there will be more people to speed things up to the new windows releases and clean some bugs as well.. 🙂

25. difool2nice says:

Some people are angry about the fact that it’s sometimes very long to have a final release of 7+tt, but it’s always a good thing that you prefer to be longer and have a ‘bug-less’ tool than a kind of update as windows 10 october update 1809 that have sent all of us to hell ! (sorry for my bad english)

Great job and thank you !

26. miguel says:

How can I get the old 5.5 version? I’m having issues like fps drop when gaming with the ver. 5.6

27. V@no says:

I’m confused about the support code for beta version – what do we do with it? Neither website, nor email with the code has any explanation…

The experimental support code was relevant for Windows 10 October 2018 Update before 7+ Taskbar Tweaker v5.6 was released. When you used a beta version (v5.5.0.x) on Windows 10 October 2018 Update, the tweaker showed a message which looks like this. You could then insert an experimental support code to try the experimental support for the new Windows 10 update.

With 7+ Taskbar Tweaker v5.6, the new Windows 10 update is officially supported, so the code is no longer needed for Windows 10 October 2018 Update.

28. Oleg says:

Hi RaMMicHaeL
    Thanks for useful app. It worked on my previous laptop.
    On my current corporate laptop I installed it on Windows 10 Enterprise.
    Then the screenshot of “7+ Taskbar” appears in the taskbar but when I try to click it it disappears.

Hi Oleg,
      By the “screenshot of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker”, do you mean the main window with the options? And once you click on it, it disappears? The only explanation I can think of is that the antivirus on your corporate laptop terminates the tweaker. If possible, try adding the tweaker to the white list of your antivirus. Another thing you can try is to install the tweaker into the Program Files folder (you’ll need to run the setup as administrator). Some antiviruses don’t like when programs are being run from the AppData folder.

29. Franck says: