7+ Taskbar Tweaker

7+ Taskbar Tweaker
7+ Taskbar Tweaker allows you to configure various aspects of the Windows taskbar.
Most of the configuration options it provides can’t be tweaked using the taskbar properties or the registry.
The tweaker is designed for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.

Download (portable installation available)

exe 7tt_setup.exe (1.5 MB, changelog)
Latest version: v5.6.2

Beta version
exe 7tt_setup_beta.exe (1.5 MB, changelog)
Latest beta version: v5.6.2.2
More info about beta versions.

Demo video

Here is a video that demonstrates some of the tweaks:

FAQ

Q: Which registry keys does 7+ Taskbar Tweaker modify? I don’t need extra processes in my system.
A: The only registry keys the tweaker modifies are its own settings. There are no registry keys for the options it provides. The tweaker does that by injecting a DLL to explorer, hooking/subclassing/some other methods of the dark side.
As for extra processes, the tweaker is a native program, and is very lightweight. It shouldn’t slow down your system, and uses an extremely small amount of memory. Also, you can hide the tray icon if you want.

In case you want to remove the tweaker’s settings from the registry, look for them here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\7 Taskbar Tweaker
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run (“7 Taskbar Tweaker” value)

P.S. if you’re a programmer, you might want to take a look at the 7+ Taskbar Tweaking Library.

Q: My antivirus complains about 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.
A: It’s a false positive. I guarantee that the tweaker binaries (and any other files on this site, unless specifically noted) are 100% clean.
Also remember that the tweaker injects into explorer and modifies its memory, which is indeed suspicious.

Q: Can I Group/Combine/Label only some of the items on the taskbar?
A: Yes, use Taskbar Inspector.

Q: Can I use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker in a commercial environment?
A: Yes, feel free to use it wherever you want.

Q: Where is the portable version?
A: When installing the tweaker, choose the Portable type of install, as shown on the image below.
The portable version will be extracted to the selected folder.

7tt-portable-small

Note: If the tweaker is already installed on your computer, the option won’t be visible. You can launch the setup with the /portable command line switch to force a portable installation.

Q: I want to report a bug/suggest a feature! What is the best way to do it?
A: Post it on the UserEcho page.

Q: I want to translate 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to my language.
A: The archive below contains the files needed to be translated.
Please read readme.txt before proceeding.

zip 7tt_translate.zip (753.85 kB)

If you are brave enough to translate the help file, contact me for the required software and files.

Posted in Releases, Software by RaMMicHaeL at September 30th, 2009.

4,611 Responses to “7+ Taskbar Tweaker”

1. zakius says:

Hello, are you working on update to support 1903?

No, not yet. Is there an insider build which breaks compatibility with 7+ Taskbar Tweaker? Last time I tried, the tweaker was compatible with the latest insider build.

• zakius says:

to be honest I don’t know, haven’t been really using insider builds this time, all I am aware of is there are major changes in undocumented kernel features that can lead even to BSOD, though that mostly affects anticheat software

I asked mostly because since I first installed 7+TT it always broke on windows upgrade

2. LexCee says:

Mr.Ram,

My system is ‘Win7 64bit on a Dell Inspiron 660 Tower.’
    Am using ‘7+TaskbarTweaker’ v5.6.2 using mostly standard setups. Have been having issues with this version of at irregular intervals having issues with starting of my web browser (Mozilla FireFox latest versions) not starting within rite clicking upon the icon and selecting their ‘New private Window’ nothing happens, not all of the time. I use the “Hibernate” feature most often, then again, some times even using the ‘Shut down’ gives issues such as this.

Why do you think that it’s caused by 7+ Taskbar Tweaker? Have you tried using your computer without the tweaker running? Is the issue gone when the tweaker is not running? If so, please try to turn off your options one by one and try to find out which option causes the issue.

• LexCee says:

Mr.Ram,

I am not a programmer nor trained user for in-depth work, self-taught as I have been using Computers for a rather lengthy time, about 1974 on a Data General 64bit Main Frame 19″ cabinet type used for troubleshooting printed circuit boars for DOD. Before there were monitors and keyboards using an old TTY for input and output. Just needed a suggestion of where to start for troubleshooting.

With your Expertise in creating this software is the very BEST place to start asking questions. I thank you for this, have been using since about the time you first created “7 + Task Tweaker” cannot remember exactly when. This IS the very BEST for keeping a clean clear TASK BAR as we wish, a very large THANK YOU for this.

At this time my main concern is SURVIVAL and will make a donation when it gets better, I am retired with a ‘fixed income’ from DOD (Department of Defense) and with the last administration we had attempting to destroy our country of U.S.A. it has been difficult, slowly they are doing some improvements.

With the Love Light shinning upon you . . .
        TIA, CU L8R, ‘e’ “LoneWanderer”
        “Adults are obsolete children.” Dr. Seuss

3. Come says:

Thanks a lot for this feature, i’m using it everyday and I love it !

4. LexCee says:

Mr.Ram,
    If I may also post here, ‘have been using your software ‘7 + Task Tweaker’ for over 15 years along with “UnChecky” & am very pleased with it and the performance. WORKS GREAT with little issues, if there are any they are corrected very quickly. THANK YOU ! ! !

With the Love Light shinning upon you . . .
    TIA, CU L8R, ‘e’ “LoneWanderer”
    “Adults are obsolete children.” Dr. Seuss

5. tour says:

6. WINMOD says:

Hello.

Why is VirusTotal flagging this with 9 bloody viruses?

Never seen anything like that in my whole life, but checking programs like AeroGlass has 0 flags.

Can we see the source code for this program? Cant you just take all this malware out and sell the program instead? Noway this is legit.

7. Josh says:

Hi RaMMicHaeL,

Just letting you know there’s a new build (1903/18362.53) on the Release Preview insider branch for Windows 10, so I imagine 1903 will be released fairly soon as a result.

When running 5.6.2.2 on 1903, the Tweaker initially hooks into the taskbar (after unsupported build warning, after acceptance the seconds become visible on the clock briefly) and then crashes nearly immediately after.

Let me know if I can assist you with making it compatible with 1903 (providing Windows dlls/exes, stacktraces, poking memory, trying bleeding edge builds etc).

Many thanks for your efforts in making and supporting this tool!

Hi Josh,

I tried 18362.30 (haven’t found 18362.53), and looks like it loads and most options work. Can you check whether the twekaer loads properly with all of the options off? (you can use a portable version to keep your settings)
      If it loads, can you try to find out which option causes explorer to crash?

• IanM says:

I’ve just installed Windows 10 v1903 Preview (Build 18362.53) running 7+ Taskbar Tweaker v 5.6.2.

Just to let you know that the ‘large Icons’ and ‘remove extra gap between Taskbar pinned items’ (these are the only options I use) functions are working OK after flagging ‘Windows Insider Version.

8. Noel says:

I just wanted to let you know that I am getting a “Could not load library (5)” error on Win 10 18875. If I can provide any other useful information let me know.

• Frank says:

Similar error message – after Windows10 installed update and restart.

7+ Taskbar Tweaker: Could not load library (1003)

I will probably look at it only when I’m done with version 1903.

9. Marc says:

I’m running final 1903 and 7++ asks me if I want to run it. For now it looks good

10. Sam says:

Hey! I’m on Win 10 17134.706, and I’ve been getting a “Could not load library (107)” error since I updated. Anything I can do about this?
    Great tool, cheers.